Friday, October 1, 2010

Hate tomatoes?

YES I hate tomatoes! Especially raw tomatoes! I think they had a really awkward smell and taste, I even hated ketchup before I came to Australia, after all, the chili sauce in Malaysia is superb! But since tomato is a really good vege that has a lot of vitamin C and as one of the most powerful antioxidants, I had several trials eating raw tomato and I almost puked. (I still try to eat those in the sandwiches) Since that I always show my disgusted face whenever I see people eating tomatoes.

Until...... I found this recipe that gives tomatoes a second chance!

Taa daa!
This is my tomato dessert!

This thing is really easy to make! What you need?
Lemon, tomatoes, honey, water!

1. Make some honey water in the container (make it a lil tad sweeter)
2. Boiled the tomatoes in hot water so that the skin gets soft and then drain and peeled the skin off. Cut them into pieces.
3. Brush the lemon skin, peel the skin (can add some of this skin into the container to give more lemon fragrance), and slice the lemon into thin slices.
4. Just add everything in and keep it in the fridge for at least 2 hours!

And now, the tomato has a lil bit of lemon and honey taste which is not that yucky anymore! Plus, you can drink the honey drink , and eat the sweetened lemon as well! A perfect and healthy dessert for summer  : D

Try it!

Loves,
J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this tomato dessert looks interesting =)