Thursday, August 12, 2010

That bloody grain of rice

Yes as what my title has said, there was this stubborn grain of rice that gone into my nasal passageway or somewhere in there while I was eating/chatting excitedly with Allen about angpao money. (Apparently Taiwan's market price is at least RM100, and I was saying I shall visit him during CNY to earn some money.) And yeah serves me right, shallow-money-minded-eating-too-quickly me.

And I have been blowing my nose and coughing hardly for the whole day, even tried to google about solutions, and tried sniffing pepper to make myself sneeze but ended up sucking pepper into my nostrils and didn't sneeze. I guess sneezing is really a reflex and I can't control it. Gosh, who is going to take my grain of rice out for me?

OK anyway my day was hyper today. I woke up bloody early in the morning to go to my 1st research group meeting with the academics, my professors and his PhD students. It was initially an terrifying experience as I was a little-nobody undergraduate that doesn't know a thing, but then my supervisor introduced me and said 'Welcome to out team!' (was so easily affected by team spirit). OK anyway I am going to spend the next few months of my life working for him as his concubine (well I used to say that because I kept waiting for my other supervisor last session, its like a concubine standing by 24 hours just to wait to get into an affair) Alright back to the topic I am actually a research assistant, involve in a research investigating lipids in human lenses, and I am going to extract human lens! Woot's hyper, always happy to play around with human parts :P

I am gaining access to the Illawara Health and Medical Research Institute (IHMRI) which basically only open its access to medical school students or bio/chem postgrads doing research. The building is brand new! Just finished its construction last month and I was like a thrilled little kid being brought to the playground for the 1st time. And they had a hot chocolate machine there, giving me enough reason to like it. I will have a cuppa every hour then maybe :P

And then S and I went to the gym, doing body burn class, so bloody tiring running up and down doing aerobics on the Reebok step. And I think at some point we looked like a frog stepping on that platform.

Alrighty, thats basically some real updates about my life recently, and I gained weight! Happy person gain weight right ;P Gotta sleep, have to work tommorow! hope all goes well and I get paid nicely :)

xx.

No comments: