Saturday, September 12, 2009

The long awaiting mail


Its like FINALLY I got this mail.
I have been recalculating my average again and again and thought I deserved to be transferred to an advanced degree and finally I got this notice that if I keep it up I will be able to transfer next session!

FROM: dwhitby
TITLE: Distinction Average / Advanced Degree
MESSAGE:

Dear Faculty of Science Student

After reviewing the grades for Autumn Session 2009, I wish to write to congratulate you on your outstanding performance of a Distinction average or better. Should you continue with this level of performance for next session, you will be eligible to transfer to an Advanced degree.

While you will be completing the same subjects, at the same level, with the same assessment tasks as students who are not in an Advanced degree, there are several advantages to transferring into an Advanced degree. These include:

1) Your testamur, at Graduation, will note that you completed an Advanced degree. This is a flag to potential employers that you are an exceptional student.

2) You will automatically proceed to an Honours program. The Advanced degree is a four-year program.

3) You may enrol in a research project subject in your discipline area, working with an academic with their research project

Haha, very happy right now :) Gotta study harder! Its the first step towards Dean List. LOL very "tai lam tau".

No comments: