Saturday, September 12, 2009

Deutschland - LANDED!

Finallllly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stepped foot on Deutschland!
Guten tag!

There is so much that I wanted to tell!! But well I have no idea what to say first.
Alrights I will start with my boring flight. The flight was OK, but seriously KLM's food is not very nice. I hardly touched any of the food until the last meal from Amsterdam. The Dutch bread was super nice! And lucky me I had some sleep during the flight because I bought the Guardian travel neck pillow!!!! GOSH CHEAP AND NICE, only Rm8.90!!

I reached Amsterdam and it took me an hour to clear the customs and immigration, and when I wanted to go online on the wireless during my boring waiting time, I realised you need to PAY FOR THE CONNECTION! Bloody hell, like 5 euros for 15 mins or what. OK I gave up, and I was quite nervous because I am kinda worried that my buddy wouldn't pick me up at the airport later but luckily she did showed up.

Well I reached Nuremberg in the morning and I was bloooody tired. But it's not time to check in yet so we walked and walked and walked to everywhere, trying to buy some beddings and went to the Cafeteria "Mensa" beside my campus for lunch. Not really good and healthy food though, and they just opened for lunch.

Finally I got to check in and I was quite dissapointed at the room. Although my expectation has been low but I still feel the slight dissapointment at first. HOWEVER, now I totally feel OK with it. Don't complaint too much because I am paying at a low price. It's only 122 euros PER MONTH, electricity bill might cost another 8 euros, but that's it. And the internet is SUPER CHEAP AND FAST. Its only 15 euros PER SEM!! FLAT RATE! And it only took me a few secs to upload all these pics! WAHAHAHHA. Finally I have a fast connection!

View from outside my hostel - Alexandrium.



My small room, on the first floor. raum 175. A cupboard on the right and the wardrobe on the left behind that door.


The view outside my room, not bad after all.
Guys dorm is opposite.


The long long hallway. Its really scary at night because they don't on the lights!

My room is the nearest room from the stairs, kitchen, common room and toilet which is really good. Its really eerie to walk all the way down the hallway isn't it? But something very bad about my room its that the sun is shining right into my window no matter morning or evening! In the morning the bloody sun that shines on the other side got reflected by the guy's dorm windows!!Luckily I had a thick curtain that blocks the sun!

So after the first day landing, I started to the German Intensive Language Course. I am having jet lag as I slept at 8pm and woke up around 3am @@ But I managed to wake up around 6am now.haha. I have to walk A LOT here in Erlangen. I walk every morning to and after class which takes me an hour. Then I will walk to the town, deal with some admin stuff and settling things. Averagely I walk 3-4 hours a day. SO, I am going to get a bike as soon as possible!!! Oh ya, Erlangen is a 2nd most bike-friendly town in Germany, you see bicycles ALL around the city, yound or old, student or workers, most of them bike! The Germans told me that Erlangen is one of the wealthy place in Germany. As most of the residence here are uni students, and you can see Siemen buildings everywhere, and some kinda big factory workers, the people here are basically rich. And the town is clean and safe :)

I told me dad it is better than Wollongong, at least the shopping mall is newer and bigger, and dad said "OH SO ITS BASED ON THE SHOPPING MALL" hahahahas. Because I didn't have internet connection the past few days, I have to wait till today to call home. I thought I would feel really homesick or what (because when I first reached I seriously felt very bad, everything is in German, everyone speaks German, and I don't understand anything at all, and there aren't much Asian around), however I felt extremely OK the next day. Seems like the princess's adventure has started.



Seth and Sergi, language course mates.
I met so many Europeans in class, and the way they speak with those latin or some other accents are so SEXY.


Eliza and her bread.


Looking seriously chan. THAT BREAD SUCKS. Its full of salt and it's like eating a bunch of salt directly. That's our lunch outside a bakery somewhere near the class.


Some fish burger I got from the mall, I have been eating bread every meal @@
Most of the time I just have white toast with strawberry jam.
POOR TUMMY WANTS MUMMY.


I hate the time difference!! Germany is 6 hours behind Malaysia and 8 hours behind Australia!



I took very little pictures as I was always walking alone on the street, wandering around, no one can snap me with the nice scene here. Seriously the feeling of walking on the European streets with all these Medieval buildings give me a great feeling of relaxation and freedom!


Oh, and my hostel is bloody cool, we have cigarettes and alcohols vending machine, and we have a Underground Basement that holds party. Outsiders called us the Party Dorm! The underground basement has a bar, dance floor, pool table and foos, and the girls and boys from every floor take turns to organise a party for everyone, we had to sell food and beer!!! I went to one yesterday but I was bloody sleepy caused by jet lag, I just stayed for 10 minutes and left. Well I am not in such a party-mood here, you need your gang to get high and my gang is not here!

Its only 9.30pm and I am starting to feel sleepy again!!! Anyway I think I like this place although I spent most of my time watching dramas in my room at the moment. I will explore more of Deutschland and tell everyone!!!

Gute Nacht!!! Tshuss.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This was great help. Could u pls tell

Unknown said...

Could u pls tell if u applied for your dorm alexandrium after receiving your acceptance from the uni or before ? N how exactly did u apply