Sunday, March 13, 2011

台灣。冬天。Day 1 & 2

As I promised, updates on my Taiwan trip after 2 months lol.

Our journey kicked off with the flight from Pen-Kul one day before and heaps thanks to obc & his friends to come fetch us, bring us around, and let us squeeze in his crib. Apparently he cleaned the house because we were coming, hah, maybe I should visit more so that your house is always tidy and neat!

So the next day S and I took off with Air Asia and started our journey! Still talk like nobody's business in the plane, and a weird man just kept looking at us, and when we were waiting for the door to open, we kinda had eye contact, and started our weird conversation.

Him : Are you both musicians? Cause I think your gestures when you talk is very nice and elegant. (Strong taiwanese mandarin accent)
Me and Shin : =.=" (We both talked like how those people would talk when they are in the market trying to bargain)
Me: Errrrr..... I learned piano???
Him: Oh, That's why! So you both Malaysian? Where do you live? Coming for a trip? bla bla bla bla
Me: (Being polite responded to his questions) So.. you are taiwanese (with my fake strong taiwanese accent)
Him: Oh no, I am Malaysian, I am from (dont remember), I am a musician, I have a workshop here...
Me: Ohhhh....

(People started to move, so both of us just grab our bags and leave without saying goodbye, which now I think is quite rude.) But the problem is, how do we end this conversation? Even I said good bye at that moment, we are still going to walk on the same aisle towards the door, then if I said goodbye after we left the plane, we might still bump into each other when we are waiting for our luggage, imagine how awkward would that be, shall we say hi or what. LOL anyways I don't really care of him that much because I just wanted to leave the airport and see my bf so badly.

So finally I saw him, all that excitement and weirdness seeing each other at a place that we have never thought of. Max and him came to pick us up, then we went for dinner with his family and then Miramar (美麗華).


We both looked like shit after getting of the plane. Bad hair, oily face, no make up, and the weather is super cold. Well, and we both looked like shit for the days after because it was too cold for us to leave our down jackets.

Day 2- On the Metro.

Heading to the National Palace Musuem (故宮) and it was raining. The season when we went is the coldest season of winter in 20+ years in Taiwan, and it RAINED everyday. Before we went we were like : Gosh we have to bring a lot of clothes, take a lot of nice pictures, (u know how hard is it to be pretty during a trip because the lack of equipment like curling tongs and matching clothes, shoes, bags, accessories etc because we were both cheapskates we only pay for 15 kg baggage allowance). And PLAN FAILED, it was so cold and rainy that if we were to were our normal jacket we had to wear so many layers inside it's so heavy by the end of the day our whole body aches, so we prefer to just wear a top and the same old down jacket for the rest of our trip. We are just not those girls would that rather be pretty and cold to death than ugly and comfy.

Got off at Shilin station and took a bus to the musuem.

Destination!

The outside of the musuem.

We were not allowed to take pics inside so we just took pic with whatever it is outside. 

DON'T GO ON MONDAYS! The garden was closed :(

I wouldn't say visiting the musuem is not fun but after hours and hours of looking at the old things we both got really tired. Well I think the jade cabbage and meat were really impressive. Other than that I don't really remember lol.

And guess what? We were so tired but as soon as we arrived at the metro station, we shopped in some random shops for hours and hours, got so excited and happy after spending money, and it's time for the bf to feel really tired because we starved him. : D

So after telling him the 7th time that "Baby don't worry we are going for dinner soon", we finally headed to the Shilin Night Market to hunt for food!

I think it is 豪大大,雞排but shin thinks it is 豪大,大雞排.
As what the name says, it is a super huge chicken chop, finally something is bigger than  as big as my face!
Tasted very good! 

The queue behind for the chicken chop. 

Everyone get to do one signature pose with the food.

臭豆腐!It was our first try! When I went to the market I kept thinking why it smells like toilet or those congested drain? Then I realised it's the smell of this thing.

Still ate it anyway. It tasted OK but it's like eating some junk from the toilet. 

Happier with our 蚵仔煎. Although I still think the malaysian version with hot chili sauce is nicer. Their sauce is sweet. But they have fresh and nice oyster. 

大腸包小腸. Direct translation : big intestine wraps small intestine. 
Big Intestine: Sausage like with glutinous rice in it.
Small intestine: Sausage.
And you cut along the "big intestine" and stuff a sausage in.

They looked really tempting and yummy but OIL, FAT, CALORIES just popped out of my head.

牛舌餅. Very thin piece of biscuit with something sweet inside, maybe yam.
Which I think is really yummy :)  
Still hungry we opted for 阿宗麵線. Its mee sua with oyster soup, and the soup base is sour-ish, which I quite likey too :) 


BUT, the best thing is........................
TADAAA!
Honey and Bitter Gourd JUICE!!!!
My favourite of that night!!!
Give it 6 stars!



That's my first stop in Taiwan, hopefully more posts will be coming up ;)

p/s: Pray for Japan, Pray for the World.