Sunday, October 18, 2009

Vienna's Awesomeness! Day 2

Yes, We should continue our journey around Vienna. I like this day the most, as the weather is better, a little bit sunny and I like the place that we have visited. Plus we ate heaps of gooood fooood!!!!!!!

Probably if you mention about Vienna, people will tell you about Sacher Torte besides the Wiener Schnitzel from Day 1. Sacher torte is a "normal chocolate cake" according to Marcus, and Melange is only an ordinary "coffee with milk". But since it is a must try in Vienna, early in the morning (actually it was 12pm) and Marcus brought us to the famous Sacher Hotel to try the so called original Sacher Torte.


Me sitting at the tables outside the hotel as the hotel is FULL inside.
"yeah full of bloody tourists like us"



Tadaa, my Sacher Torte. Well let me describe the taste for you.
Yes it is a chocolate cake, between the layers there is some marmalade.
When you taste it, the outer layer of chocolate icing is a little bit sweet, but the inside layers are OK, and with the a little bit sour marmalade, everything is just nice. If you add some cream then you get a different taste :) As I am not a coffee person I leave the Melange to Heidi. I took a sip and it tasted like a very mild coffee and milky, well I kinda like it.



Went to the Staadtoper straight after, which is just opposite. It is the Vienna's Opera House :) Didn't linger much, just a photo.



While we passed by the underground subway, we saw this "opera toilet".
So if you can't afford the tickets to the Opera, then maybe you can try this toilet :P
Marcus said I am so tourist when I took this picture. Haha, that's worth remembering Marc.



Went to Schloss Schoenbrunn after that. It is the Summer Palace of the Royal family and trust me it is the BEST ATTRACTION in Vienna.


The GARDEN is the best part of it. It is very very huge with pretty flowers and it is just IMPRESSIVE. Sometimes I wonder if the queen wants to ask the princess home to eat, they might need to wait 2 hours for them to get back.


A group of tourists asked us to take a picture of 3 of them, and when we were done we asked them to take a picture of 3 of us too. One of them looked pretty troubled not until finally he realised that Sumo (the bear) was counted. :P



I am Sumo's babysitter.



Climbed all the way up to Gloriette. SO tiring.





But when I looked back and see the awesome view, the "hard" work is worth it :)


Loitered around the other part of the garden and it was nearly sunset. The trees are nicely trimmed, and the leaves dropping on the ground bringing the autumn atmosphere.



A simple fountain with a lot of trees behind, still showing the amazing work of the royal gardeners :)



The three of us, the happy trip.



We spent most of the day in this place as me and Heidi really liked it a lot. We were lucky we were on a free and easy trip so we have the chance to walk around more. So remember this place if you go to Vienna someday, must visit!!


Went home and Marcus made us the best pasta ever! He is probably at South pole now working on an ice breaker as a chef. Blessings to him, don't get eaten by penguins and don't eat then either :P



What is better than eating good food and meeting good friends during a trip?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Took a rest today, slacked at home for the whole day as I haven't been doing this for a while. But tommorow is SUNDAY! Which means I have another day of slacking. I should have gone out today and slack tommorow. Anyway, I am planning for the next trip, hopefully I can get to go to more places. Prague, Paris or London?

No comments: