Friday, October 16, 2009

Vienna's Awesomeness! Day 1

Just came back from Vienna 3 days ago, it was really awesome!! It is my first trip to other EU countries while my stay in Germany and I am glad I didn't spend too much because Marcus let us stayed at his place :) I will just let the photos tell the stories of Vienna.



The Parliament of Vienna, cloudy day :(




The Cultural History Musuem

Hofburg, The Amazing Imperial Castle. The famous Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) lived here. They had a Sisi Musuem, a Silver Room displaying the royal utensils and an Imperial Apartment showing the inside of the castle.

The Entrance to the musuem.

Thanks Heidi, I love this Pic. In front of the hofburg back entrance. A lot of horse carriages all over Vienna.

Vienna Rathaus (Town hall). There is a Circus in front at that moment.

Burgtheather, only top orchestra in Europe can play here.

Recommended by the tourist guide book, we looked for this restaurant which has the best Wiener Schnitzel in town. The Schnitzel costs 13.90 Euros but I think they have the best Kartoffel Salat (Potato Salad)! It was suuuuper yummy!

"Unser Schnitzel ist das Grosstes" Which means "our schnitzel is the biggest!" and indeed it is!
Bigger than my face! but it is quite thin.

Stephansdom, too bad it is under renovation. It is one of the old churches in town.

The Austrian brand : Swarovski, my love.

How can someone not fall in love with Vienna after seeing this?

Tired faces of us after the whole rainy and cloudy day.
Heidi, me and Sumo in front of the Parliament again.



It is seriously awesome!




Burgtheather again.

This ends our 2nd day in Vienna, because the 1st day we arrived was quite late so we just stayed at home. It is fun to go travelling ourselves, looking at the maps, finding directions, we decide where we wanted to go, decided how long we wanted to stay. I think I learned a lot from this trip :) At least it is better than all the rushings when we joined a tour. We really take our time and rest and stop whenever we want, that is what holiday is supposed to be right :)

I love Vienna! hopefully I will go back there someday again <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p/s: It snowed yesterday, it was so weird to snow so early in autumn. Seems like I need to equip myself well with all the warm clothings. It's my first time seeing the snow falling above me and I was so excited that I texted daddy and he called me and we shared our experience about snow! hahaha.. I hope to share everything I experienced with them :)

I am loving all these new experiences that I gain, new friends, new places, new food, new languages, everything, for sure, have made my life more wonderful than if I stayed on that boring path and dare not take this step.

And I am sure more awesome stuffs are going to happen!

2 comments:

jpthedarkknight said...

I LOVE VIENNA~... I wanna go...

♥Jo Ann♥ said...

you should you should :)