Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Campus East International Food Fair 2009!

YES, here comes the big annual event for CE,
a yummm one...
Last year's IFF
Although we only have a few Malaysians in CE,
we had decided to make lotsa stuffs,
of course with the help of other Malaysians off campus.
They are hell good in cooking!!

Our Menu this year:
Bubur Cha Cha
Curry Puffs
Cucur Udang
Peanut Cookies
Bak Kwa

Well, all of you back home are very very lucky to have all this yummy delicacies,
where you can easily get from basically anywhere!

Poor us overseas students,
missing food from home terribily.

But lucky us gonna make them ourselves!!
I "O-ed" my mouth when I saw the menu,
I was like what?!!!
Bak Kwa also can make?!!

Actually all those are easy to make!
Just tell me if you want recipe kays?
=)

OK lets start with Saturday,
We met at 1pm for our prep work to start.
I slept at 3am the night before and my dear S babe called me at 9 in the morning
lovely.
hahas...she said she is having serious M pain,
she couldnt come....
so sad.
I don't want her to miss the fun!
Anyway take care babe ok.
Perhaps anyone has M pain solution to recommend to her.


Starting off by making peanut cookies,
I made a MALAYSIA from that,
which looks...eh hmm..


Running around, attempt to fry the curry puffs fillings for a little while.
They didnt get the A1 curry paste for us.
End up using some Indian curry powder,
which doesnt taste that good.


Now you see how Bak Kwa is made.


Well there are heaps of photos,
in fact we took 250 photos!
But I am seriously LAZZZZYYY to upload them all.
Uploading all these took me like 4 hours already.!

Sunday - IFF
Shin still CMI,
so I am gonna enjoy the fun without u!
haha


girls.....

Lia and Jeannie.
Frying curry puffs early in the morning.


Very ugly head net.


The Malaysian team with Pip, our RA.


Cam-sensitive enough.


Long queue at our stall.
Everyone is saying "the curry puffs are awesome!"
And kept coming back for more.
We made 200+, which is 8 trays,
and they are gone in 30 minutes!!!
Haha, that explains why I don't have time to snap a picure of it..
LOL.
No la..I was busy frying them,
so where do I get time to take pics?


Our home made chicken bak kwa!


My nicer version of MALAYSIA peanut cookies.


The cucur udang, we even grind the chili sauce ourselves!!


Bubur Cha Cha!


Well, despite serving, we gotta hang around at other stalls too!
to try out other countries food!
We had around 20 countries that day,
but none of them made as much as we do!


Food from all over the world!


Not enough! Hunt for more!


French crepe, I adore.


B n J


my fav pic! cuz I looked hyper.
hehe, Imagining myself advertising Coke.

They are my all time mates.
Yuko, Steph, Kayco, Christine


I actually scalded my hand during the curry puff frying!
From baby's thongs!
YOU HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY DEAR.
Maybe a cosmetic surgery or what.lol.


Christine's cheki cheki!!!
OMG I am sooo in love with it,
I wana get one tooooo!!!
Its cheap in HK!


Kampung girl happily seeing the pics transforming.


We asked for the aussie flag to camwhore with.

Hot babes down under!


Pip & I


I presented Yuko a "Y" and we made a Y ourselves~


YES, besides food there is cultural show too!
Just hand around for a bit,
all the people are singing lol.


Everyone knows him, he basically attracts WAY TOO MUCH attention
from his LOUD speaking, exaggerating actions and saying HI to everyone.
He is my course mate.
I have never spoken to him before.
And he sent me a request on Fb saying
"Hello Jo, I am the legendary student of CE and UOW, I see you in chem everytime"
How narcisst could he be?

The crowd watching the "gig"

James baby boy, walking here and there in front of the cam with the thongs.
See, I am not the only camwhore freak!


Its a perfect memory =)

♥ , Jo

No comments: